3 aspects to consider when choosing winter workwear
Winter brings with it not only lower temperatures, but also the challenge of choosing work clothes that protect against the cold, without reducing freedom of movement.
In this guide we will analyze the three essential elements to keep in mind when choosing the right winter workwear.
1) ASSESSING THE WORKING AND ENVIRONMENT
The first step is to carefully examine the work environment, taking into account the different risk factors.
The needs of a professional in production, in a workshop, in a warehouse or working outdoors can differ considerably.
• Industry: robust workwear, resistant to industrial washing
• Logistics: elastic and breathable garments, which allow movements
• Outside: insulating or waterproof and versatile workwear, able to adapt to the temperature fluctuations that occur during the day.
• Chemical or high-risk industry (cutting, heat, hazardous substances, etc.): certified workwear and suitable Personal Protective Equipments.
2) APPLY THE 3-LAYER PRINCIPLE
This apparenty simple concept is crucial: the accurate choice of the number of layers and their composition is essential to ensure thermal comfort during working hours.
When composing a winter uniform you should insert at least 3 layers:
- The first layer must perfectly adhere to the body, facilitate perspiration and maintain a constant body temperature.
Thermo Active T-Shirt Long Sleeve
Soft and stretch fabric
Thermo Active T-Shirt Short Sleeve
Soft and stretch fabric
- The second layer must act as an insulator, protecting the body from cooling.
- The third layer must act as a protection against the elements, must be versatile and adapt to temperature fluctuations (e. g. by means of removable sleeves) and protect against rain, wind and cold.
3) PRESERVING HEAD, HANDS AND FEET WARMTH
When trying to defend against the cold, it is common to neglect the need for adequate protection for the extremities of the body, particularly sensitive to low temperatures.
A thermal hat, insulating gloves and waterproof footwear play a key role in preserving heat and providing an effective defence against the harshest winter conditions.
Polyester on the outside, acrylic lining on the inside
Entirely coated with natural latex
Resistant to cold, heat and liquid repellent
Rossini offers a wide selection of winter clothing for minimum risks and certified workwear, carefully designed to guarantee safety and protection in all conditions.
Our products comply with the highest safety standards.
By choosing Rossini, you can have a complete solution to stay warm and dry from head to toe.